SAVE THE DATE! Thursday, July 25 is our annual Pizza Social. Cost is $5.00 per person. 5pm to 7pm in the Indian Rooms. Watch for the registration email in early July.
Thursday, April 18 at 1:00pm
Activity Center Hopi Room
Agenda will be sent to members before the meeting
Summer is almost here!
Our summer court schedule goes into effect May 1st and last till September 30th .
The schedule is posted on the website under Club Play Schedules. A copy will be sent to all members before May 1.
Bob Regoli and Michael Steinmetz won FIRST PLACE in the 3.5/50 and up category!!! Congratulations.
After a demonstration and full discussion during the August 2018 open meeting, the SCOV Pickleball Club’s Board of Directors decided to move our website from Wild Apricot Systems (WAS) to a custom website hosted at Siteground.com.
The needs of the Club were identified as:
- Membership management
- Court Scheduling
- Event Management
- Email Blasts
- Surveys, Voting & Polling
- Club information (rules, policies, $$$)
- General PB information & education
The reason for the change:
- Wild Apricot Systems (WAS) have dramatically increased their fees.
- Authoring/editing web pages and email blasts are cumbersome and limited in functionality on WAS.
- WAS is a business primarily focused on fund-raising for philanthropies and membership-growth for fee-based subscriptions and organizations. We’re the only PB Club using WAS, as far as we can determine.
- The no-cost service from Skedda for court scheduling:
– Is labor intensive,
– Has limited functionality and
– Provides very little customer support (from outside the US)
Total cost comparison for the coming 3 years
Wild Apricot Systems = $2,916 or more
Custom website = about $400 fixed cost