After a demonstration and full discussion during the August 2018 open meeting, the SCOV Pickleball Club’s Board of Directors decided to move our website from Wild Apricot Systems (WAS) to a custom website hosted at Siteground.com.
The needs of the Club were identified as:
- Membership management
- Court Scheduling
- Event Management
- Email Blasts
- Surveys, Voting & Polling
- Club information (rules, policies, $$$)
- General PB information & education
The reason for the change:
- Wild Apricot Systems (WAS) have dramatically increased their fees.
- Authoring/editing web pages and email blasts are cumbersome and limited in functionality on WAS.
- WAS is a business primarily focused on fund-raising for philanthropies and membership-growth for fee-based subscriptions and organizations. We’re the only PB Club using WAS, as far as we can determine.
- The no-cost service from Skedda for court scheduling:
– Is labor intensive,
– Has limited functionality and
– Provides very little customer support (from outside the US)
Total cost comparison for the coming 3 years
Wild Apricot Systems = $2,916 or more
Custom website = about $400 fixed cost